Posted on : 27-03-2016 10:40
Tips and Advice For Women Travelling Alone Abroad.
In the past ten to twenty years, there has been an increase in the number of women who travel abroad alone either for business or pleasure. Although men have been doing this for centuries, women can feel vulnerable especially in an unfamiliar location.
We have put together some tips and advice to help women who are travelling by themselves to be better prepared.
1. Research the destination you are visiting. When looking to go on holiday alone or flying abroad for a business trip, learn about the area you are visiting. Find out if there are any culture differences, which can include what you are and what you are not allowed to wear on a beach.
2. Keep stored in a safe place emergencies numbers and names of hospitals. Find out details of English speaking hospitals in case you have an accident and require treatment.
3. When you arrive at the hotel, get to know the staff by name. Hotel staff in many countries are very good at looking after people who are travelling alone.
4. Ask for a card from the hotel with their address details. This is important in case you get lost. By having the details at hand, you can then hand them to a taxi driver who will take you straight to your hotel.
5. Always make sure that you double lock your room when going to sleep. A good idea is to take with you a door stopper to put under the door. These door stoppers have become very popular with holidaymakers, especially in countries where there have been reports of people trying to break into rooms.
6. Airport transfer service. When using a transfer service from the airport to the hotel make sure you use a recommended one. If you have arranged the holiday with a travel agent, then this will be provided for you. However, if you have put the trip together yourself, then you will be required to find one yourself. You can find recommended services by looking on trip advisor and speaking to people who have made the trip.
We hope our tips will help you and if you would like to add any tips or advice, then please do contact us through our official Facebook page.