Posted on : 04-04-2016 12:13
How To Cut The Cost Of A Family Holiday.
Regular readers of our blog will know that we are not fans of the school term holiday ban, and that is why we have covered that topic a lot.
It does not matter how unfair the ban is or how many millions of parents hate the ban, David Cameron will not change the rules. So, we have decided to offer some tips to help parents save money on their 2016 holidays abroad.
Tips on finding a better holiday deal
1. Compare holiday prices leaving from a Scottish airport to the holiday prices from Manchester Airport, Gatwick Airport and other English airports. With Scotland having different term times than England the prices could become cheaper.
2. Book your holiday as soon as you can to get the best offers and free child places. Seems obvious this one, but you’d be amazed at how quickly prices can change. The one exception to this is if you are not bothered about where you go, if this is the case you can pick up some really good deals. If you decide to do this then we would recommend booking approximately eight weeks prior to departure, this is usually when the deals are the best.
3. Have a look at the time and days you can travel and see if there is any price difference. A lot of the time, if you fly at less popular times or days, the holiday could reduce in price.
4. Instead of booking a hotel, have a look at the cost of an apartment. There are lots of sites out there that provide good value apartments, which are sometimes cheaper than hotels and travel agents.
5. Share an apartment with a friend. If you book a three bedroom apartment, you could fit two families that would reduce the cost.
6. Book an apartment for a month with friends who want to go on holiday abroad. By booking an apartment for a month, it will reduce the overall cost and it can be shared between four families who can have a week each.
These are just a few tips to help you save money on a holiday. We will be bringing you more tips and teaching you tricks to get cheaper holidays as soon as we can.
UK Airport Car Parks
A constantly updated comparison website for all those travel extras.